I was just nominated by the amazing Dylan J Morgan ( Lycanthrope “Werewolf” expert) for the Liebster Award. I’m totally awed by this. Thank you so much Dylan.
There are a lot of rules for this award. I personally find the rules a little annoying, but I don’t make the rules so…..
I list 11 things about me.
I answer his 11 questions.
I nominate other blogs (He did 5 and so will I)
I ask my nominees 11 questions.
And so it continues like a strange little chain letter.
Alright, 11 things about me.
- I didn’t start to like to read until around ten years ago.
- Within the past year, I’ve read more books than all of my years in school.
- I dabbled with art. I wasn’t good at it. Roses were the only thing I could draw.
- I use to practice calligraphy I loved it.
- I’ve always loved the middle ages.
- I loved mythology when I was younger.
- The Occult fascinated me thus my long love of vampires.
- I’ve never died my hair I’m too scared I won’t like it and be stuck with it.
- My hair use to come all the way down to my knees.
- I cut it to mid back when my first child was born.
- I’ve always known I’d have four kids.
Dylan’s questions for me.
You have a basement in your house and a tornado is coming and you have to get there fast. Apart from your family (obviously) what is the one thing you absolutely must take down there with you?
I’d take the box of photos and important documents.
What do you do to overcome writer’s block?
It depends usually I listen to music. I’ve noticed that sometimes I just need to get some more sleep. Exercise helps a lot too.
(My characters look out for me. In a way I could say they love me. If they see I’m getting stressed, they’ll stop talking. I use to think it was writer’s block but now I know I need to take care of myself a little. As soon as I relax they start talking again.)
I need music to write. What, if any, outside influence do you need to focus on your stories?
Name the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word bacon.
“Dogs don’t know it’s not bacon!”
Clowns . . . scary or just idiots in make-up?
Can’t they be both? Scary idiots in make-up!
If you could have the success and sales of any genre author other than Stephen King, who would it be?
Stephenie Myer or J.K. Rowling
What did you do to prepare for the End Times on December 21st of last year, and were you expecting something a little more dramatic than “just an ordinary day”?
I wasn’t expecting the world to go “boom” or mass chaos. I was expecting a long slow change of everything we know. That is what the Mayas said; the world as we know it will change. Our spirituality and humanity will change.
Are you disappointed if you don’t write every day?
Yes, if I don’t write for a few days, those around me can tell. I get annoying.
Can you say anything about what book you’re writing at the moment?
I’ve already said a lot about Awakened By Death. This is the book I want to read and love having the chance to write it.
Hamster, rabbit or baby penguin. . . which is the cutest?
The baby Penguin. All penguins for that matter.
Writing wise, what can we expect from you in 2013?
This one is much harder to answer. My goals: I to finish editing/revising Awakened By Death and finish writing the sequel, and the work on the third part. I want to get Secrets of Sathan done. To find an agent for either or both series. (Not sure if Secrets of Sathan will be a series- Trilogy) To get more of my short stories published.
Now for my Nominees…
These are the questions you have to answer.
Should you accept the award.
1. Do you need music to write?
2. Do you write with a pen and paper or computer?
3. Book or EReader?
4. Do you feel like writing takes time from your life, do you resent it if it does?
5. What are your two most favorite books you’ve ever read? (Your whole life.)
6. What do you do as your “Me time”?
7. What are you goals for 2013?
8. What is the worst fear?
9. Who is your hero?
10. What do you want to do in the next 15 years?
11. What is the best/worst part of these awards in your opinion?
Thank you again Dylan