I had an awesome post ready then something happened and its gone! So instead… Here’s this, Michelle has some awesome tips. It doesn’t really matter if you’re looking at the Self-Publishing route or the traditional. We all need to have a plan to promote our work and she’s got a wonderful list here.
So yesterday afternoon I submitted my Rising Star Marketing Evaluation to iUniverse. Assuming they like my marketing plan, they’ll approve me for the Rising Star Award, which nets me a variety of benefits.
In the evaluation, they basically ask you how you plan to market your book. Easy enough, right? WRONG! I trawled the internet for hours, coming up with a list of marketing ideas that I’m now going to share with my awesome readers because that’s how much I love you guys.
Thus, my list of marketing ideas, in no particular order:
- Create a book trailer
- Hold a blog tour
- Press release for local newspapers
- Enter book into literary contests
- Include link to your website on every article you post, every email you send, etc.
- Connect with fellow self-published authors and ask for a book review exchange
- Donate books to the library, accompanied by a book reading and…
View original post 176 more words